Rooks of Burgundy

Rooks of Burgundy
Rooks of Burgundy is historical fiction set 1016/1017 in the Duchy of Burgundy. Raban is a young serf farmer in a small fief. Spring is freshly come and the world beginning again, and so the story opens.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Draft Complete

For reals and for true, I reached the end. I feel so excited about it, yet I feel a little lost, not having any story left to tell. There is still plenty of work, but its not the same as the storytelling. I think I'll be fine with the revision process, but it will take time to shift my brain. It is still kind of unreal, and a bit sad. I've been writing Rooks of Burgundy for 2 1/2 years, and now I can't make any more stuff up. But I'm happy to. Its a great feeling of accomplishment.

2 comments:

MLS said...

wow, that was fast. I mean since your last post, not the whole 2 and a half years. when do I get to read it? Carrie

The Dancing Pen said...

Good job! After 2 1/2 years I would feel lost too. But I would be extremely proud of myself.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones